Thank you to everyone who voted in my polls I made today. Many of you praised me for my want for direct feedback, while others criticized my decision to limit choices and not provide an official way for expanded answers. First, let me explain that choice. I believe in the power of decisiveness. It has become a pseudo-joke here in HatHouse, where when I give options, and people say “I don’t care”, I do not allow them to to just take that easy path, I tell them to make the decision and be DECISIVE! Even if it is choosing a stage in Smash Bros. or deciding what time to set an alarm, the ability to give a straight, as true to your gut answer allows the most hardcore truth and happiness possible. I apologize for those of you I put in a tough space to choose between some things. To those who told me to crawl in a hole and stop making content, I applaud you for your momentary braveness in choosing an option that the majority will dislike. To that effect, I have no intention of digging any holes, not unless I’m at Camp Greenlake working hard for Mr. Sir. *AHEM*
So the point of this wasn’t to go “Oh, here’s what the majority thinks, lets cancel everything else”, that would be silly, counterproductive to honoring all facets of my audience and just in general be a dumb move.
Nah, this is just me thinking, “Ok, where in general should my focus be? What should I be improving to make a better impression.”
But before we get to that, let’s reference a tweet from several days ago: https://twitter.com/SuperMCGamer/status/472519793380040704
What do I want to be known for?
Do I want to be known as a Mindcracker? Do I want to be known as the Zelda guy? What about the podcast guy?
No, I want to be known as SuperMCGamer, this rad dude who makes cool stuff and throws it up on his channel as he sees fit.
There are two montras in the MC Moral Book:
1. Make the same quality content, whether it is for one person, or a million.
2. Play what you want, when you want, for as long as you want.
So, with that in mind, let’s move on into some analysis.
I want to know what to do with my Minecraft series, people like them, but they just haven’t been getting the consistent viewership they used to. To improve that, we have to key into what people WANT and what they see to IMPROVE. I didn’t ask for specific opinions because I knew you guys would give them to me. Thanks for being somewhat predictable! (lol)
1. Orange Wool is staying. Millbee and I have trouble keeping a schedule, but I will yell at him this week to make it a consistent Saturday show.
2. My other Mindcrack content lacks anything unique. I am not a builder, I do not play Minecraft multiple hours a day, and I do not want to force myself to. What I am interested in is Minecraft Minigames with fans, and what better method to do so other than PlayMindcrack. I referenced this into my old show Good Morning Mindcrack, and while I want this to return as a daily show (aka the glory days), I am having trouble justifying it right now, as the time required would be scary if I don’t feel it is ‘worth it’. I will be announcing and discussing something big related to this on Wednesday that I have been foreshadowing cleverly over the past few weeks, maybe you’ve picked up on it.
3. Over half of you like Nintendo livestreams the most. Minecraft livestreams are liked, but are in general the least liked of my current Minecraft content. I am considering having my Twitch channel have ZERO Minecraft content, and instead focusing on having my YouTube being the place to find my Minecraft stuff, and more of it.
4. One third of you watch my Zelda content. You are cool people and I plan to kick this up to a daily series if I can find the motivation.
5. One third of you don’t want my alternative content on my main channel. I respect your thoughts, and I will consider options as I work on a new Secret Project that is a departure from much of my recent content.
6. I have worried about the 100% Mario Monday show for awhile. It is a good show, and I feel if I am feeling great, and am doing a game less than 6 hours, I will enjoy it and create a wonderful stream. However, as seen recently, some days just don’t have that. I am planning to change the name of the show to just “Mario Monday” and have the occassional 100% playthrough, and on days I don’t feel like marathon streaming, to instead play games normally, casually, speedrun or otherwise. This also frees up time for some scheduled Yoshi’s Island speedruns.
7. Patreon is now currently my main source of income. While I am immensely grateful, for it to be my SUSTAINABLE source of income, we still are over $1000 away from that. To help incentivize this, I plan on adding new rewards and milestones, as well as redoing the video on it to be less scripted and more real. This will, be filmed inside of both Minecraft and my Twitch chat to show the mcgCommunity at work.
That’s all for now, I could summarize things, but I think the best thing to say is THANK YOU for being so receptive, helpful and honest. I am very priviliged and honored to be the favorite YouTube/Twitch content producer of many of you out there. I am grateful that you guys understand my restlessness, as a young creator, I love exploring and finding out what works.
Much love to you all,
EDIT: Also, some BASED opinions on Your Builds and how to improve it! I will work on organizing possibly an interview every week on an exceptional build! I hate organizing collaborations, but we’ll see what we can do!